cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgraflund
Helper I
Helper I

launch powerapps from text message

Hello, I have a powerapp that links to dynamics 365 for approving quotes.

Managers will get a text saying they have a new quote to approve.  In that text message, I have the web url for powerapps with a recordID, this way they can open powerapps on their phone and review and approve from there.

This all works great when powerapps is not in memory on their phone and closed.

The problem is if htey don't close powerapps on their phone and then get another text message to approve another quote.  PowerApps opens up without refreshing any screen, thus, leaving whatever they were working on before in view.

I haven't figured out how to trigger an OnVisible in this fashion or figure out how to close the app within a minute of inactivity.

I tried a timer, looking at the RecordID param vs what i stored in a variable. that didn't work because the param never changes due to the app always being open.

Is there a way around this?

7 REPLIES 7
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @sgraflund 

This is one of the limitations with PowerApps mobile that if App is open and if you try to pass another param and open it - it does not reload

You can create an idea for this

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,

Is there any way I can decrease session timeout to say 30 seconds so I can force exit of the app?

@sgraflund 

If he leaves context of the App I dont believe any of the functions will execute

yeah I've noticed that.  I'm talking a setting or possibility on a timer.  Figure out if there's any activity, if not, exit app.

Hi @sgraflund 

A timer might help, you can trigger Exit of the App based on a timer

But how would you track no activity

May be once users navigates to a screen you can start the timer and after x minutes just exit the App

Everytime he navigates to a screne the timer resets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

that could work.  thanks.

One other question - do powerapps push notifications work the same way?  When the app is open already, it just loads it up without doing anything?

@sgraflund 

Yes but it is a premium feature

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,863)