cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

limitations powerApps

I am new to using PowerApps,
I have a problem with an Apps with which I have to interact with a Sharepoint list of about 30.000 records.
I am limited to 2,000.
So I thought, at the start, to create a collection, with this instriction;
'ClearCollect (Collection3; {name: List_short_name.Name}; {FirstName: List_short_people.Prenom})'
but at first sight that I make a count on this collection, it also takes only 2,000 records!

What should I do to be able to exploit my 30,000 lines ???

I already posted about it but I did not get an answer. is this an insoluble problem ??

Thank you in advance.

21 REPLIES 21

@wyotim Thank you so much for your reply. Yes I see a delegation working for the ID field, the following is the screenshot of it. Yes I have set the limit to 2000

Thank you, 

Osmand

Capture.JPG

After looking into the delegation documentation for SharePoint, it looks like the ID field can only be used with an = operator, not inequalities. Here is a link and a quote under that linked section:

"2. The SharePoint ID field for a table is a number field in Power Apps. However, SharePoint only supports the equal ('=') operation for delegation on an ID field."

I created this for a SQL connection, so the delegation issue you are facing didn't apply to my case. If possible, you could maybe add a number column that takes the ID and use that? I tried a small test in creating a calculated number column using the ID field and it seemed to work but it was on a small test list so your mileage may vary. Here's a screenshot of what I did to add the column:
2020-04-26 (7).png

ID_Calc was another attempt at the same thing, for the record. Maybe give that a try? Or if you have another field already present that you could filter by, you could adjust the code to use that instead. 

Let me know if that works or not!

Bonjour,

Je pense que ce post ne m'est pas destiné ...

Bien à vous

@wyotim I tried that. I created a custom column with [ID] also select the format as the number. But I got the following error, 

Annotation 2020-05-02 192423.jpg

Osmand

@OsmandFernando My apologies. It looks like the delegation issues are worse for calculated columns than for ID columns. I should have done more research and better testing.

I looked into some posts on this topic and found this one (in which, ironically, I posted the same solution as in this thread). From reading that, it looks like using Power Automate might be the best route for this. These two links (link  1 and link 2) from the fourth page of that thread should get you there!

@Kervin Apologies for the notifications!

@wyotim Thank you for your valuable inputs. 

I hope that Microsoft will provide a solution for this issue with otherwise they should stop promoting Powerapps with SP Lists. 

Thank you

Osmand

@OsmandFernando ,

This workaround may be of some use to you.

@WarrenBelz Thank you, I will study this and let you know 

Osmand

@WarrenBelz Great solution, as always! Thank you for sharing!

@WarrenBelz  Thank you again for your solution. I tried it but I still get the blue lines under the ID. 

I believe that in your solution vID fields means the ID column in the list. 

Capture.JPG

You can see below I am getting the deligation warning, I am not sure, maybe I am doing something wrong 

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (92,413)