cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

limitations powerApps

I am new to using PowerApps,
I have a problem with an Apps with which I have to interact with a Sharepoint list of about 30.000 records.
I am limited to 2,000.
So I thought, at the start, to create a collection, with this instriction;
'ClearCollect (Collection3; {name: List_short_name.Name}; {FirstName: List_short_people.Prenom})'
but at first sight that I make a count on this collection, it also takes only 2,000 records!

What should I do to be able to exploit my 30,000 lines ???

I already posted about it but I did not get an answer. is this an insoluble problem ??

Thank you in advance.

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @OsmandFernando ,

You need to add a new field to your data and set the "ShadowID" (call it whatever you want) in every record as ID (as you have discovered) it not a Delegable filter.
The top bit of code belongs on the OnSuccess on your New form (it is better to have a separate form, or you could deal with it with a Variable to test if a new record was sent). So if you also use the form for Editing - at the OnSelect of the Save button

If(
   YourFormName.Mode=FormMode.New,
   Set(vNewRecord,true)
)

then at the OnSuccess of the form

If(
   vNewRecord,
   UpdateIf(
      MyListName,
      ID=MyFromName.LastSubmit.ID,
      {MyShadowIDField:MyFormName.LastSubmit.ID}
   );
   Set(vNewRecord,false)
)

As I mentioned, I call my shadow field IDRef and referred to it in the code as this - you can call it whatever you want, but it needs to be a numeric (and therefore Delegable) field in your data with the ID number in it. Replace IDRef in my code with your field name.
If you want a quick way to set existing records in SharePoint, make a DataSheet view with two columns, the new field and the ID, put in QuickEdit and copy about 50 at a time from the ID column to the one beside. Do it slowly to avoid potential SharePoint Throttling.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @OsmandFernando ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (64,715)