cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fadi
Frequent Visitor

link to be lunched thought powerapp mobile or desktop instead of the internet browser

Hi Dears,

I have completed building my app and it is mainly use on approval process ,i am sending email though powerapp to the approvers

and that email contains the web app link along with deep link parameter  all is fine

,the approvers receive and open the links to the targeted item on internet browser if the approvers are using the desktop

but,if they are using the mobile device the link gets opened through power app mobile then the approvers minmize the powerapp  mobile o go to another app in the phone , when the approvers intend to open the same link again or another link though email

power app gets lunched without going to the targeted item, until the approvers close the powerapp mobile completely and open that link again

i used the universal link and that also doesn't work with deep linking

•  

Please your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fadi
Frequent Visitor

Hi @WarrenBelz  i am really sorry to reply lately , but i have been testing something else which is powerapp notification

I can push notification along with the required parameters and that works for me via mobile but approvers should open the notification from mobile instead of email

Thank you

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Fadi ,

I am not sure which way around (app or browser) you are trying to launch the link, but this post of mine shows how to "force launch" either on a mobile device. 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Fadi
Frequent Visitor

Hi @WarrenBelz 

i am sending the below link to the user ,

https://apps.powerapps.com/play/66610e0b-052a-49ec-9c0d-780d9d9ff698?tenantId=376900e7-da5a-4638-aab...

the parameter which i am including called ItemID, if the user opens the above link from mobile the powerapp application will lunch just one time to the targeted item after that the user needs to close the powerapp application and click on the same link again to go the targeted item if the user doesn't do that the link will open the powerapp application only

Thank you

Hi @Fadi ,

What a mobile device does with a link is in the control of the mobile device - there are only two options with a Power Apps deep link launch which is to either launch the Power Apps Browser URL or the app URL (which you are using). I do the same thing as you have posted and my users know to close the app after they have finished (or they learn to do so fairly quickly if they are using deep links all day).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Fadi
Frequent Visitor

Hi @WarrenBelz  i am really sorry to reply lately , but i have been testing something else which is powerapp notification

I can push notification along with the required parameters and that works for me via mobile but approvers should open the notification from mobile instead of email

Thank you

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,612)