Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

linking PowerBI visuals to PowerApps

Hi,

I am having a trouble bringing in powerBI visuals from a dashboard to my PowerApp. I have selected the Workspace, Dashboard and visual but I get the error message that the content isn't available.

It also seems that there is an issue refreshing the powerBI as I have created a second dashboard and pinned a few more visuals but this is not reflecting in the dropdown boxes in the properties of my PowerBI control in Apps.

It did work at one stage so I am wondering if this has something to do with provacy settings. Does the PowerBI Workspace need to be published as an app? do they need the same privacy setting for me to be able to see the visual in PowerApps?

I am struggling to find much information online about this.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: linking PowerBI visuals to PowerApps

I had the same problem when trying to link a new dashboard to PowerApps. I was able to select the workspace and dashboard but I could not get the actual visuals. Fortunately the problem resolved itself in couple days. I think it had something to do with the fact that the whole dashboard and the visuals were only just created. I changed nothing, I just waited 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,351)