cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimNoredlac Helper I
Helper I

list of office 365 users in dropdown

Hi.

I create an app with a first page login. I want user to select his mail using a dropdown list, displaying all office 365 users.

But Office365Users.UserProfile(InfoAbout.Text).Mail is text and not table.

What's is the correct syntaxt for this ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: list of office 365 users in dropdown

Even if the password hash was available which would make it possible to have another sheet, I think the user could still have taken the Excel data source and bind it to a Gallery (for example) to see all the content without any restrictions.

I think the best way would be to enforce the security at the server with SharePoint or with a database (SQL Server, MySQL or else).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Microsoft
Microsoft

You can list all the users with the following formula:
Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:"John"}).Mail

or

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:""}).Mail

JimNoredlac Helper I
Helper I

Thank you: it works! But I realize that office365 password is not in the possibles items. There is not syntaxt for password, even crypted ? Do I need to make my own table of login passwords ?

Microsoft
Microsoft

The passwords are not included possibly for security reasons (checked the Office365Users.UserProfileV2()). I'm not sure I understand the need for that field. Are you building an app that would allow the users to change their passwords? I don't think that is supported either.

JimNoredlac Helper I
Helper I

I connected the app to an excel file. One sheet for timesheet of my employees, and one sheet with employees details. Each employees needs to complete each day their timesheet. I would like each employee to complete his own timesheet, and most importantly can't modify others timesheet employees. I imagined employees could log with  office 365 password, and filter data depending of mail or name. But It seems difficult to build an other sheet with username, userId and most of all encrypted passord. In that case, I should protect the excel file...

Microsoft
Microsoft

Even if the password hash was available which would make it possible to have another sheet, I think the user could still have taken the Excel data source and bind it to a Gallery (for example) to see all the content without any restrictions.

I think the best way would be to enforce the security at the server with SharePoint or with a database (SQL Server, MySQL or else).

View solution in original post

JimNoredlac Helper I
Helper I

I think you're right: I've search everywhere and didn't find any other proposition. I finaly simply add a sheet with login, ID_User, and Password. I've hidden the column and protect sheet with my own password. Thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,121)