Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlosN
Helper IV
Helper IV

lista desplegable y etiquetas

Good day,
I have a table with several columns, and I need to use a drop-down list and when selecting a record it shows me the information in labels of other columns

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Hopefully I understood your question. We can use a dropdown to choose between records on a list and then use that choice to display info about the record.

Put both a dropdown and a label into your app. Set the Items property of the dropdown to the column of data you want to use as choices in the dropdown, e.g. mySPList.ID

Next, set the Text property of the label to this: LookUp(mySPList, ID = DropDown1.Selected).otherColumnName

This statement will find the first record whose ID matches the one selected in the dropdown, and then returns whatever is in the other column (hopefully that is a string or a number)

Hope this helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Hopefully I understood your question. We can use a dropdown to choose between records on a list and then use that choice to display info about the record.

Put both a dropdown and a label into your app. Set the Items property of the dropdown to the column of data you want to use as choices in the dropdown, e.g. mySPList.ID

Next, set the Text property of the label to this: LookUp(mySPList, ID = DropDown1.Selected).otherColumnName

This statement will find the first record whose ID matches the one selected in the dropdown, and then returns whatever is in the other column (hopefully that is a string or a number)

Hope this helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,579)