Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_JDE_
Regular Visitor

load combobox data from SP when Item from Dropdown selected

Hello,

my Situation is the following:
the Student_ID contains the Student_ID as well as last name and first name. The names should be displayed when the Student_ID is selected and not only when it is submitted.
Name_anzeigen.gif 
My sharepoint Settings for Student_ID:
power4.PNG

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@_JDE_ 

I believe this is because you are referring to Bewertung rather than 'Neue Liste Studenten'.  Pulling Voorname from Bewertung will result in a record because it is a LookUp column in that table.  You must pull from Neue Liste Studenten because it holds Voorname in a Text column.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@_JDE_ 

What code are you currently using for the Item property of the form? 

Please try this code in the Item property of the form and let me know the result.

Gallery1.Selected

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

@mdevaney 
thats what im already using:

powerapps3.PNG

@_JDE_ 

OK, good to know what code you already have 🙂

Please try this code instead in the Voorname field:

ComboBox_StudentID.Selected.Voorname

Also, this code in the Nachname field:

ComboBox_StudentID.Selected.Nachname

If this does not work can you please show the code for the Items property of the ComboBox_StudentID?  I assume this is a LookUp column in SharePoint.

---

@mdevaney 

its not accepted 😞

powerapps4.png

My Item property code from Student_ID:

powerapps5.PNG

mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@_JDE_ 

Wait a minute... why are you using a ComboBox to display Voorname and Nachname?  I assumed you were doing this using a Text field.

OK, one more idea here.  Put this code in the Default property of your ComboBox_Voorname.

LookUp('Neue List Studenten', ID=Value(ComboBox_StudentID.ID))

---

@mdevaney 

There is no Error but it still wont work 🤔

powerapps6.PNG

new setting:

Name_anzeigen2.gif

@_JDE_
Personally, I’m beginning to think we should just add a label to this Card with the Text property

LookUp('Neue List Studenten', ID=Value(ComboBox_StudentID.ID), Voorname)

Then just hide the ComboBox by changing the Visible property to this

false

@mdevaney 

where exactly does the code belong ?😅

LookUp(Bewertung; ID=Value(DataCardValue11.Selected.Id); Vorname)

powerapps7.PNG

@_JDE
It’s in the correct spot. Please share the error message and we’ll figure it out 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,562)