cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver III
Resolver III

''lock'' document in sharepoint

Hello everyone.

I've created a PowerApp to enable users to browse through a sharepoint library (displayed in a Gallery) and have them manage the metadata fields of pdf documents in the library. There is a PDF Viewer element on the page which displays the selected pdf document.

However my PowerApp is (hopefully) going to be used my several users at the same time, and I don't want to have users 'managing' the same document at the same time. Preferably I'd make it as when a user selects a document that within a reasonable amount of time the document is checked-out/locked/etc. so other users won't be able to select it in the gallery or maybe not even apear in the gallery anymore.

I'm wondering what methods I could approach to achieve my goal, if any methods are available.

Hoping to hear your thoughts.

docmanaging.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @gjeh ,

I will try to give you a concept here.

You could have a field in the library metadata "locked" with the user's name and time/date text or similar and Patch to this to the list when the document is opened. You could reset it when the document is closed or even activate a timer of the user's computer and reset it after a selected time. If another user tries to open a "locked" document, you would give them a message "Locked by xxxx on xxxx". You might also consider some override options

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @gjeh ,

I will try to give you a concept here.

You could have a field in the library metadata "locked" with the user's name and time/date text or similar and Patch to this to the list when the document is opened. You could reset it when the document is closed or even activate a timer of the user's computer and reset it after a selected time. If another user tries to open a "locked" document, you would give them a message "Locked by xxxx on xxxx". You might also consider some override options

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (20,157)