cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beat
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

lookup field (count related)

I have two lookup fields (count related) in a master list, which tell me how many child records are there in two secondary lists. I'm trying to include them in the custom view form, but they're not there in the field list to pick from the data source. Is this some technical limitation?

4 REPLIES 4
SergioGiusti
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

we need more information, data sources etc. 

in the interim however, you can if they arent showing up, simply rebuild them in PowerApps, there are count and countif functions available which you should be able to use inside of or outside of a lookup function to get your values.

v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

What data you would like to show under the Custom View form?

If the Lookup field is a mult-value enabled field, then you would need a ListBox or a Dropdown (Combo Box) control to show the values.

The function to show all the available values for the Lookup field is:

Choices(SharePointList.ChoiceFieldName)

If you would like to filter the value:

formula should be:

Filter(Choices(SharePointList.ChoiceFieldName), Condition expression)

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Beat
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

It's a lookup (count related) column, which returns the number of matching records in the fact table.

Marco_E_Riva

I have the same problem. In my case the count-related field comed from a count-related lookup column in a SharePoint list.
I am working on Power Apps and the field name is not available in formulas (other "normal" lookup fields are working fine using fieldname.Id or fieldName.Value).
Unfortunately it seems that Count() or CountIf() are not supported by the SharePoint connector, so it seems there is no solution. Any other idea? Is it a technical limitation or a feature not yet implemented?

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,396)