Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJ84
Helper I
Helper I

lookup function on combobox not working

Hi all,

I have a combobox that I am using to select AD usernames to then patch to a sharepoint list. 

The Items property is set to Distinct(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:ComboBox2_2.SearchText}).DisplayName,DisplayName)

The on change property is set to Patch('SPLIST',ThisItem,{Item1:ComboBox2_2.Selected.Result})

The above are working fine but on the default property I want the combobox to return the value that is written in the SP list. I've done a lookup but I think there might be an issue with the combobox expecting a table value?

Any help is welcome currently the default property has the following in this is working in a label which makes me think that the issue is unique to combobox: 

LookUp('SPLIST',Text(Date,ShortDate)=Text(DatePickerCathedral_2.SelectedDate,ShortDate),Item1)

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Try wrapping your lookup in [], like this:

[ LookUp('SPLIST',Text(Date,ShortDate)=Text(DatePickerCathedral_2.SelectedDate,ShortDate),Item1) ]

You may have to modify your lookup as well

[ LookUp('SPLIST',Text(Date,ShortDate)=Text(DatePickerCathedral_2.SelectedDate,ShortDate),Item1).SPColumnName ]

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Unfortunately this does not work... I'm guessing because the lookup is returning an item and the combobox is looking for a table?

Maybe it isn't possible... ?

Make sure you are putting this in the DefaultSelectedItems property.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Excellent thank you I had it in the Default property 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,342)