cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teylyn1 Helper III
Helper III

make.powerapps.com vs create.powerapps.com

Hello,

can someone help me understand why I sometimes end up in "make.powerapps.com" and sometimes in "create.powerapps.com", why there are two sites to create and edit PowerApps and why the interfaces are so different?

Is there any documentation on that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
teylyn1 Helper III
Helper III

Re: make.powerapps.com vs create.powerapps.com

I think I found the difference. When I customize a SharePoint list form with PowerApps, I get the reduced functionality environment.  None of the answers above even mention SharePoint as a factor.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SKH19 Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

make.powerapps.com is the Maker Portal. From here you manage environments and solutions and build out the common data service or AI builder components.

create.powerapps.com is your canvas app studio where you edit and build specific apps.

Maker Portal > Manage Apps and Components

Create Portal > Studio for Building and Editing specific apps.

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

teylyn1 Helper III
Helper III

But I can open apps for editing in the make.powerapps.com sitel. It offers a lot more features than the create... site. What is the rationale for having the create.powerapps.com, when make.powerapps.com  site can do all that create.... does and then some?

And why do I sometimes end up in one and sometimes in the other? I haven't quite figured out what to click to get to either create.... or make.... 

SKH19 Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @teylyn1 

If you start working with Solutions, Common Data Service and Model-driven apps it will make a lot more sense, or if you work with Dynamics 365 a lot. The Maker Portal is where you model the apps that use Common Data Service. When you just work with Canvas apps, I can see how it seems a little redundant. 

I would recommend always accessing your Canvas apps through the Maker Portal, and in fact using the Maker Portal as your gateway to any Power Apps work you do. From there you can do all your administration, manage solutions and use CDS.

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @teylyn1 ,

'make.powerapps.com' is quiet different from 'create.powerapps.com'!

'make.powerapps.com' is the web portal of PowerApps, the site offers you a variety of options for creating your own apps, opening apps that you or others have created, and performing related tasks. These tasks range from the most simple, such as identifying the license or sharing the apps, to more advanced capabilities, such as managing CDS entity, creating custom connections to specific data sources and deploying solutions.

However, 'create.powerapps.com' is a studio for creating canvas apps( Model-driven apps by App Designer, they are different ). All application design is in here, in the middle of studio, is a blank canvas, so you add any components, custom any function to create an app to fit the needs of users in your organization.

Generally, if we are going to edit apps, we first login to PowerApps Web Portal, choose the environment(important), managing the CDS and Connection if need, and then choose Create to naviagte to App studio to make an app.

Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted
teylyn1 Helper III
Helper III

I think I found the difference. When I customize a SharePoint list form with PowerApps, I get the reduced functionality environment.  None of the answers above even mention SharePoint as a factor.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,137)