cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgassoc
Frequent Visitor

makeshift numberpad

i am trying to create a glorified (old-school) input box popup for users when clicking on a telephone number textbox of an edit screen:

2018-07-08_16-23-11.jpg

the OnSelect action of the text box of the edit screen opens this screen to allow the user to change or enter the phone number.  how can i pass the number back to the text box of the edit screen when clicking on Save?

thanks in advance,

peter

3 REPLIES 3
mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @pgassoc, are you updating a global variable when a number is clicked? If so, you can reference that global variable on the other screen by the variable's name. You can also reference the label that the phone number is currently in by the name of the label.

Also, here's a public numpad you can use: 

https://aka.ms/pa/numpad

Go to the site above, press Ctrl+C on the site, then press Ctrl+V in your app.

Mr. Dang

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
pgassoc
Frequent Visitor

thank you - yes i am referencing a variable.  however - and forgive me since i am new to this - once that variable is updated how do i update the text field if modified/changed?  i would like this variable to udate the list.

thanks for the link to the control btw!!

regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgassoc  I created a numeric keypad and have a hidden textfield that is based on the global variable.  (You can see here.)

Please put in the formulas you are using for your text box.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,940)