ruben-dw
Helper I
Helper I

manitpulate tabel

Hello
I'm trying to transfer data from one table to another

how i do this is as follows

i use this

Patch (lending beamer; Defaults (lending beamer); {product: product_beamer}; {'nmbs code': nmbcode_beamer}; {brand: brand_beamer}; {size: size_beamer})

this is to transfer the data from beamer to loaned beamer
the remove works
:
Remove (beamer;
First (Filter (beamer; DataCardKey_nmbcode_beamer = DataCardValue_nmbcode_beamer)))

when i patch i get this error
: The patch function has some invalid arguments

screen shot below for clarification

this is my code on the button that activates it

Knipsel.PNG

this is the table beamer

Knipsel.PNG

this is the table loan projector
here the data from beamer should come with the pacth function

Knipsel.PNG

this is the document where the tables are located

Knipsel.PNG

13 REPLIES 13

@ruben-dw ,

I am lost in what you are asking.

If you tried my code, what error did it give? You cannot patch one list referring to the defaults of another as you have done.

Can we get back to basics please - you are trying to patch the contents of collection uitleenbeamer to your list beamer as new records?

I will be offline shortly due to timezone.

@WarrenBelz 

i can't patch
because the patch function doesn't see the variable: product_beamer
if I change this with a string the patch function works

i set my variables

like this :
Set (product_beamer; ThisItem.'product ') ;; Set (nmbcode_beamer; ThisItem.'nmbs code') ;; Set (brand_beamer; ThisItem.brand) ;; Set (size_beamer; ThisItem.size)

then I'll pass it on to the patch like this:
Patch (beamer; Defaults (loan beamer); {product: "string"}; {'nmbs code': "string"}; {brand: "string"}; {size: "string"})

if I change the variables by strings this function works

@WarrenBelz 

how can I pass variables to the patch without problems?

@ruben-dw ,

The process is not the problem - variables will pass exactly as you have them. If you put a label on the screen with the Text product_beamer, is there a value in it? If not the problem is not the Patch, but the setting of the Variable.

So back to the setting of the Variable

Set (product_beamer; ThisItem.'product ')

where to you run this from? If from within a form or gallery, it should pick up the value.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,611)