cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kharina
Level: Powered On

microsoft flow to get the hyperlink or clickable url of an attachment in powerapps

Hello PowerApps Community, 

Is there a flow that can get the url of the attachment for any new record created in sharepoint list via  powerapps and send that record to another column in the same sharepoint list?

Or maybe a flow that can get the url of an attachment that will be displayed in the PowerApps canvass to be patched in a sharepoint list?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Re: microsoft flow to get the hyperlink or clickable url of an attachment in powerapps

@kharina 

Please try this flow, use Get attachments action to get the attachment URL, then save to the Item Hyperlink column.

Snipaste_2020-02-18_17-47-13.png

In PowerApps, Use 'Form1.LastSubmit.ID' code to get the id of item just submitted, then apply the flow run code after the SubmitForm function or on the OnSuccess property of Form.

Snipaste_2020-02-18_17-52-24.png

The result:

Snipaste_2020-02-18_17-54-35.png

Sik

View solution in original post

Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Re: microsoft flow to get the hyperlink or clickable url of an attachment in powerapps

@kharina 

In general, 'Title' is the required column of the list when creating a new item.

You can try to enter anything Text into the Title field, e.g. "Test".

When you test the flow, just enter the ID of the item with the attachment. You can find the ID column from 'Add Column-Show/hide columns'.

Hope this helps.
Sik

7 REPLIES 7
Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

@kharina 

Please try this flow, use Get attachments action to get the attachment URL, then save to the Item Hyperlink column.

Snipaste_2020-02-18_17-47-13.png

In PowerApps, Use 'Form1.LastSubmit.ID' code to get the id of item just submitted, then apply the flow run code after the SubmitForm function or on the OnSuccess property of Form.

Snipaste_2020-02-18_17-52-24.png

The result:

Snipaste_2020-02-18_17-54-35.png

Sik

kharina

Hello Sik, 

I'm so happy to see your reply when I wake up today. 

However, I am not doing it right and I'm sorry for that. 

I dont know what to put in the title. getattachmentserror2.PNG

Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

@kharina 

In general, 'Title' is the required column of the list when creating a new item.

You can try to enter anything Text into the Title field, e.g. "Test".

When you test the flow, just enter the ID of the item with the attachment. You can find the ID column from 'Add Column-Show/hide columns'.

Hope this helps.
Sik

kharina

Hi Sik, 

This is amazing!!!!!

I appreciate your patience! This solved my issue. 

I have another issue  - but I will try what I can do first.

You are an angel! Problem solved!!!

Thank you very much!!!

Kharina<3

kharina

hi @v-siky-msft ,

I just realized that when I use your flow, I have additional questions:

1. May I ask why I am getting 2 rows : the first is the one without the url and the second is the one with the url.

2. May I ask what I must do so that I can use other titles other than the default that I put inside the flow? (which is test1)

getattachmentserror6.PNG

Thank you,

KH

Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

@kharina 

I guess the first row was created by EditForm with the attachment and the second row was created by flow with Pic, right?

If you want to save Pic into the first record, please modify the flows as follows.Snipaste_2020-02-19_14-25-50.png

Then, the Title is defined by the EditForm, you can just enter whatever you want.

Snipaste_2020-02-19_14-28-24.png

Sik

kharina

Hi Sik, 

I tried your steps. But I'm confused with the issue. It says at first that it was successful but it returned me an error:

getattachmentserror7success.PNGgetattachmentserror8failed.PNGgetattachmentserror9.PNG

Can you help me figure out my error?

Sorry 😞

Thank You,

KH

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,145)