cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arejay
Level: Powered On

multi-tenant architecture with a CDS back end

We are looking to upgrade a handful of existing PowerApps single-tenant applications, which are part of an overall application suite, that use SharePoint Lists for storage to a multi-tenant architecture with a CDS back end and one database-per tenant, which of course may be an elastic pool for cost-effectiveness. We would first like to understand if it is possible to have the same schema in CDS as we do in our SharePoint Lists so that there is little-to-no modification to the apps required to change out the back end to CDS. If this is possible, we would like to understand what tools are available for our centralized system administrators to manage the multiple single-tenant databases on behalf of our customer network. We also need to understand how to estimate the price of this solution as we will need to budget this for a few different usage levels based the size of our customer network.

Does anyone have experience with this or know of someone at Microsoft that could assist with this?

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: multi-tenant architecture with a CDS back end

To the best of my knowledge, Power Apps is limited to a single Tenant.  You can create an application, export it from one tenant, and import it to another tenant, but at that point its a seperate application.  I believe that's also true if you build the app as a solution.  I have not seen any way to do an app that is multi-tenant aware. So I don't think what you are trying to accomplish is possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
arejay
Level: Powered On

thank you for the input!

Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

@arejay  It's impossible, PowerApps is not a multi-tenancy SaaS architecture.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,327)