cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fvoillot
Frequent Visitor

multilangage dropdown

Hello,

I would like to create a multilangage canvas APPS.

I'm able to translate the labels using a "translation" table with the "language" and "value" colums

My problem is to translate a dropdown in a form...

I have a form based on a "BOMLines" table composed of a look up "item" liked to an "items" table (with the columns "item_code", "value_fr", "value-en". I would like, depending on the language chose in my canvas app, to display the liste of article in french (column "value_fr") or in english (value_en).

During my test, on the item dropdown property, formula is : Choices([@BOMLines_1].Item). with this setting is correct on french langage but i can't change the label on items dropdown for english langage.

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Here's what I did, just tested it in a app, and it works.

I put a radio button control with two options, employee and observer (dataset im working on to test it is a splist called coaching and two of its columns are OBSERVER and Title (which is employee observed)

In that radios onchange place

Switch(Self.Selected.Value,
///First word to check (for example ENGLISH)
"Employee", 
///It matches this, Switch coachingarchive to your splist, and title to column for english
Set(combolistVar, RenameColumns(CoachingArchive,"Title","ChosenColumn")),
///ELse it doesnt, switch coachingarchive to your splist, and OBSERVER to column for french
Set(combolistVar, RenameColumns(CoachingArchive,"OBSERVER","ChosenColumn")))

I then have my dropdown items set to

combolistVar

and its value set to

ChosenColumn

Now as I click radio for each one, the dropdown list changes to reflect the column that was renamed in our variable so will show one column for one choice, other for the second choice, which is what you need to happen.

Your powerapp may get confused when you first put this in, mine did for one reason or another, but just save exit and reenter and it starts working just fine.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Here's what I did, just tested it in a app, and it works.

I put a radio button control with two options, employee and observer (dataset im working on to test it is a splist called coaching and two of its columns are OBSERVER and Title (which is employee observed)

In that radios onchange place

Switch(Self.Selected.Value,
///First word to check (for example ENGLISH)
"Employee", 
///It matches this, Switch coachingarchive to your splist, and title to column for english
Set(combolistVar, RenameColumns(CoachingArchive,"Title","ChosenColumn")),
///ELse it doesnt, switch coachingarchive to your splist, and OBSERVER to column for french
Set(combolistVar, RenameColumns(CoachingArchive,"OBSERVER","ChosenColumn")))

I then have my dropdown items set to

combolistVar

and its value set to

ChosenColumn

Now as I click radio for each one, the dropdown list changes to reflect the column that was renamed in our variable so will show one column for one choice, other for the second choice, which is what you need to happen.

Your powerapp may get confused when you first put this in, mine did for one reason or another, but just save exit and reenter and it starts working just fine.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
fvoillot
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have an other issue linked to this solution...

On the left of the picture, I have a gallery based on BOMLines table. On this, i display the item, this on is a lookup field based on item table.

On the right, my forms is based on BOMLines Table, the dropdown field is defined on collection like your previous solution (multilanguage) the new rename column is "ChosenColumn").

Today when i selected a line on gallery, alle the field except my dropdown are filled correctly. It seems the new collection created unlink the itemid and displayed an empty data on default value and the list is correct. It's only selected the default value doen't work. 

2022-03-17_14h05_27.png

thanks a lot by advance for your return

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Maybe show me the item codes and defaults for thing son right, as well as the item card there and its reference/default. Also show what the code that opens that form looks like so we can see if maybe you lose something there, cause you shouldn't be losing the ID column from sharepoint with the renamecolumn code

Here's an example I just ran to be sure everything was working normallly, I have screenshot my ID column

Capture.PNG

As you can see it still matches the Source ID column

Capture3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,972)