Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veblitz
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

multiple select checkbox in gallery and update sharepoint list items

List schema

Name(person field)  SRRole(dropdown choice Main,backup)

Requirement

user can select the multiple checkbox from gallery records and choose dropdown for the value based on the dropdown values either Main or backup value and the selected values for each record from the gallery needs to updated in the list when they select update list button to SRRole field in the sharepoint list as main or backup for the selected records 

Gallery items design

Veblitz_2-1669609185257.png

3 REPLIES 3
Ethan_R
Super User
Super User

Hi @Veblitz ,

Create a Collection of Items where Checkbox is marked 'Checked'. (Remove item is unchecked)

The Collection should store the unique ID of the record, fields where change is needed.

Then do a Patch function to update the data on SP List.

Hope this helps!

I created collections and mapped that collection name to my gallery items property but its not fetching items 

in the first step itself and request to please consider and suggest me for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Veblitz_1-1669802713478.png

Veblitz_2-1669802855056.png

Veblitz_0-1669802619336.png

Veblitz_3-1669802971332.png

SRType is dropdown field in the Shortlisted SR SharePoint  list where it has two values Main, Backup

also I got to select values in my dropdown as Main, Backup  but for now i put true or false values to test for one value

Veblitz_4-1669803140222.png

Veblitz
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I am able to create collections in the first place but now issue is im unable to populate the dropdown values as main or backup

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,272)