"JobNotes",
LookUp(
Jobs,
job_address1_Column1.FieldDisplayName = job_address1
).job_Notes
),
searchQuering in job_address1
)

so i was able to successfully add a column from another source, using the above formular....the syntax looks right but the new column and job_address  return empty.. can anyone pleas help me ? as i do not know what the issue is.

(searchQuerying happen to be a variable i created for the search box, but using this filter, i can not search for my job_address, as the field is empty, also the jobnotes field is empty too.  my question is , i am wondering why my job_address field and Job notes field are not showing values and also why i can not search using address.. thanks)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tbabe12

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

I mean that I could not help you solve it without any details about your scenario, like what is the job_address1, and where do you put this formula, all these are so important.

AddColumns() function will create a temporary table that could not affect your data source directly.

Also, you could use the Collect() function to store your Filter result into a collection and use it to populate the control.

Just try to add a button and set the OnSelect as below:

Collect(col,Filter(
AddColumns(
WorkOrders,
"JobNotes",
LookUp(
Jobs,
).job_Notes
),
))

Just check the link for more details about the AddColumns() and Collect().

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tbabe12

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

I mean that I could not help you solve it without any details about your scenario, like what is the job_address1, and where do you put this formula, all these are so important.

AddColumns() function will create a temporary table that could not affect your data source directly.

Also, you could use the Collect() function to store your Filter result into a collection and use it to populate the control.

Just try to add a button and set the OnSelect as below:

Collect(col,Filter(
AddColumns(
WorkOrders,
"JobNotes",
LookUp(
Jobs,
).job_Notes
),
))

Just check the link for more details about the AddColumns() and Collect().

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

job_address is a column in my datatable, i want to be able to search using the job_address1 and also add columns from another source(with its value).i have two tables in my database, Job and WorkOrders. i have my WorkOrder table , but i would like to add two column(job_Notes and job_warrantdate with its values)  to my WorkOrder Datatable. i would like to have a display such that when i search with address i should be able to see job-notes and job_warrantyDate records 

Hi @tbabe12,

1. Could you please tell me your specific data base, SP list or Excel?
  2. Does Job and WorkOrders share the same column job_address?
  3. Why would you like to refer to a fields like job_address1_Column1.FieldDisplayName?

Ask questions should provide the data source and the column type if there relates to some complex type like Person or Choice. Sometimes, a screenshot could solve all this confusion.

Okay, from your description, there must be some relationships between Job and WorkOrders, you could use the LookUp() to retrieve job-notes and job_warrantyDate based on the job_address1.

I have a test on my side, please take a try as below.

In my scenario, SPList1 and SPList2 share the same column named 'FPNo'.

I set the Items property of the DataTable as below:

AddColumns(SPList1,"NewPer",LookUp(SPList2,FPNo=SPList1[@FPNo]).Percentage)

Note that if you have the totally same column name, you should use the Table[@FieldName] to solve the disambiguation issue.

If this could not solve your problem, please attention the column type.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

1. i am using sql server

2. They both have same job_address, but it allows Null value

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,231)