Helper V
Helper V

need help with incorrect formula error.

i switched the data source. now receive this new error.aa.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi cchan000,

Since you migrated your site, your data source for the form is changed. So in order to bind the Item property of form, you need to provide the new data source name. In your case, formula should be like this-

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First('VOD Request Form_1'),SharePointIntegration.Selected)

Also after this change, if there still are errors in form like dropdowns etc., just click on the error icon and update the data source value to the new one.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@cchan000 

Can you please share the following information:

• What datasource was the original?
  • What datasource did you switch to?
  • What input is showing the error?
  • Please show the full error message in the screenshot?
Highlighted

the original datasource is VOD Request Form. the new datasource is VOD Request Form_1. this was generated automatically since both my data sources are the same name (different sites, i am attempting a site migration). attached is a screenshot of the entire error. i think it's my enaa.pngtire sharepointform1 error.

Highlighted

I will rephrase my questions...

• What datasource (e.g. sharepoint list, cds, excel, etc.) was the original?
  • What datasource (e.g. sharepoint list, cds, excel, etc.) did you switch to?
  • What input is showing the error (show the left side menu so I can see what was selected)?
  • Please show the full error message in the screenshot (its cut-off in your right-side menu)
Highlighted

hi oops sorry about that.

both data source is sharepoint. attached is the full screen.final.png

Highlighted

hi. did i provide enough info?

Highlighted

@cchan000 

If you replace First('VOD Request Form') with SharepointIntegration.Selected does the error go away?  I want to know this to determine if 'VOD' is the problem here.

Highlighted

hi. i replaced it. here is the error AFTER.

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 11.39.19 PM.png

Highlighted

Hi cchan000,

Since you migrated your site, your data source for the form is changed. So in order to bind the Item property of form, you need to provide the new data source name. In your case, formula should be like this-

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First('VOD Request Form_1'),SharePointIntegration.Selected)

Also after this change, if there still are errors in form like dropdowns etc., just click on the error icon and update the data source value to the new one.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,169)