cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmclaughlin
Helper V
Helper V

new print function

I put the print() in my powerapp  form.  When I test it in preview works great.  After saving and having the user open documents and try to print, it does nothing?

5 REPLIES 5
Erlandcrf
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @dmclaughlin 

I performed a testing from my end and it's showing the print options normally.

From what browser are you trying to open the App?

Have you attempted to create a basic screen with simply a label and a print button to validate if the issue could be related to the form that you are using?

Could you please provide an screen shot from the screen that you are trying to make the print from?

Thanks. 

I use google chrome.    Yes it will work if you just create a quick screen but that does not help me with the 10 apps I have in existance that I need to allow to print.    All of my 10 apps start with a sharepoint list.  From the sharepoint list I click power app customize form.  Any of the 10 if I add the button to call print() will work while in power app design if I click preview.  I get the print setup, I can print the form and it looks great.  However once I save and publish.  If I go back to sharepoint view and open a document and click print nothing happens.

zarski
Helper II
Helper II

It doesn't work with SharePoint list forms currently. There's an error: "Ignored call to 'print()'. The document is sandboxed, and the 'allow-modals' keyword is not set." if you open browser dev tools.

What do you mean by the document is sandboxed and allow modals not set.  Is there something I can do in the form to fix it or am I waiting on microsoft to fix t his issue?

zarski
Helper II
Helper II

We can't do much, hopefully MS (SharePoint or Power Apps team) fixes this soon. I think it's a restriction related to SharePoint, iFrames and modal dialogs.. or such :). I'm currently testing a workaround where a print button launches the form to another tab with url "https://apps.powerapps.com/play/ & app id & "?id=" sharepoint list item id, but I don't know if it's going to work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (69,015)