cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnLJ
Helper III
Helper III

not letting users edit their profiles on their edit screen.

I have 4 screens on my app. The first is the home screen that has a bottom that is pushed that takes me to the profile screen of an employee. I have a search gallary page as well but it skips that and goes directly to the users profile. Once at the users profile they can get into the last screen which is the edit screen, where they can go in and edit their information. When the employee goes in to submit thier edits, it tell them this: The request resourse is locked , Server Response: Cannot write to filesourse. File is being locked. Client Rquest: 9398def - 3484-d7bc-0c13-de84c33da60. It tells me the same thing as well and I am the owner of the project. 

pic.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ShawnLJ,

Can you please share more detailed configuration on this app? Are you using the Office365 Users connection in the app? 

It is not available to update the user information through the Office 365 Users Connection.

Office 365 Users connection in PowerApps

If you would like to update the user information, we could take use of the Azure AD connection,

Use the following method:

AzureAD.UpdateUser(id,{userPrincipalName:Text,displayName:Text,mailNickname:Text,givenName:Text,surname:Text,accountEnabled:Boolean,jobTitle:Text,mobilePhone:Text,officeLocation:Text,preferedLanguage:Text,businessPhones:Table})

The schema is in the format below:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ShawnLJ,

Can you please share more detailed configuration on this app? Are you using the Office365 Users connection in the app? 

It is not available to update the user information through the Office 365 Users Connection.

Office 365 Users connection in PowerApps

If you would like to update the user information, we could take use of the Azure AD connection,

Use the following method:

AzureAD.UpdateUser(id,{userPrincipalName:Text,displayName:Text,mailNickname:Text,givenName:Text,surname:Text,accountEnabled:Boolean,jobTitle:Text,mobilePhone:Text,officeLocation:Text,preferedLanguage:Text,businessPhones:Table})

The schema is in the format below:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,092)