cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

(not solved) Date Picker error - Entry required or invalid value

I've come across an issue where users in other regions are getting errors when they use the date picker. They can try and type it in using en-US format or pick from the date picker, but it still defaults to their local language/date format and creates the error. 

I think it has to do with either the DefaultDate, TimeDateZone or Language but am unsure.

I've attached what it looks like from my users in Germany with an example of the error in English ("an entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again.")

Dates are being captured in a SharePoint list that uses MM/DD/YYYY format.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jason

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

CharlesDingas, Try turning off the expiremental features. See this post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Works-in-edit-mode-not-in-play-mode-with-shar...

Highlighted

Does this seem reasonable to you, and/or Microsoft? That the SharePoint list should be unsecured in order to work with a DatePicker control? Why does someone need ownership rights for this?

Highlighted

First, it is a date field I added not the create date that the SharePoint creates when you add a list. And it has been resolved. Under App Setting/Expeimental Features, the delayed load feature must be turned off. It is a known error and supposed to be fixed with the next update for PowerApps.

Highlighted

That's what I did and it works. Microsoft said it will be fixed on the next update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,040)