Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

[object Object] Powerapps and Sharepoint list

Hi everyone,

I'm using a DataTable to get the data from a sharepoint list that is filled frequently, at this time almost every column has the correct info but the column that has a "Person / Group " is showing as [object Object] and not the name of the Person / Group that is what I want

Hope someone can help me, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: [object Object] Powerapps and Sharepoint list

Hi @Jaos291,

The Person/Group column appears as an object because it really has multiple fields: city, state, first name, last name, etc. The data table can only show one field in each of the fields you select though. 

What you could do is add a column to the Items property you currently have and set it to the precise field you want from the person/group lookup.

AddColumns(table, "newcolumn", Person.field)

This means, "Add a virtual column to the table so that each row shows the respective data for the person, but only the desired field."

Change table to the name of your table, newcolumn to any name of your choice, person to the name of the Person/Group column, and .field to the field you want to drill into (first name, last name, etc.)

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Jaos291,

The Person/Group column appears as an object because it really has multiple fields: city, state, first name, last name, etc. The data table can only show one field in each of the fields you select though. 

What you could do is add a column to the Items property you currently have and set it to the precise field you want from the person/group lookup.

AddColumns(table, "newcolumn", Person.field)

This means, "Add a virtual column to the table so that each row shows the respective data for the person, but only the desired field."

Change table to the name of your table, newcolumn to any name of your choice, person to the name of the Person/Group column, and .field to the field you want to drill into (first name, last name, etc.)

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

This worked perfectly! Just if someone reads, I had to put a Filter in the "table" field of the solution, since my DataTable shows info according to some specific items ( Like Name or ID, etc) 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @mr-dang 

I have a silimar query about data tables - My data table pulls through info from my sharpeoint list.
I am trying to get the 'Date of Visit' column in my data table to show in the format of dd/mm/yyyy, rather than the current format of mm/dd/yyyy.
The format of the date field in my SP list is dd/mm/yyyy so im not sure why it is pulling through with the date first.PA7.png

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@JD2301, normally I'd suggest starting a new forum post so your post isn't buried below a long thread.

I'm thinking this might be very related to the same solution above though.

AddColumns(table,"name_of_helper_column",Text(date_column,"dd/mm/yyyy"))

This means, "Show the items of this table in the data table: Add columns to the original table to include a helper column that contains respective date, but formatted as dd/mm/yyyy."

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have similar issue and sorted out by updating sharepoint  column from powerapps.

Suppose, we have person/group column say 'A',  create additional text column 'B' in Sharepoint list.

Assign column 'A' to a variable or label "lblName".  Retrieve "lblName" in 'B' DataCard value and Update Column  'B'  using patch function in powerapps. You can now able to see the column 'B'  in DataTable.

Highlighted

Hi, I'm new to PA. Could you please elaborate how you used filter? 

Highlighted

Hi, I'm new to PA. Could you please elaborate how you used filter? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,287)