cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

office365 users and Model driven apps

I am an office365 E3 user what is the situation for Model based apps vs the current Canvas apps?

I have PowerApps P2 licences for core admin team and have avoided using CDS as this will require PowerApps P1 licenses to all my users.

If i have understood the release information correctly the new Model driven solution is not available to Office365 users, they only have access to the canvas app as the Model driven apps require CDS for Apps.

I do not mind having to buy special licenses for developer (or even citizen dev) as well as the admins but for licenses ordinary office365 users to use the created apps buying P1 licenses to use CDS seems very unreasonable...

Please tell me i have it wrong!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: office365 users and Model driven apps

Yes, you are right.

If users only own Office 365 license, then Model Driven App is not available for them.

Model Driven Apps is focused on Dynamics 365 and Common Data Service for Apps, mostly keep the priority on the data and data relationship, which requires PowerApps Plan 2 for entity modification.

Quoted:

"

With these new capabilities, PowerApps and the Common Data Service for Apps now power Dynamics 365 for Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Talent. PowerApps P2 officially becomes the new platform SKU, moving away from being a admin and maker focused plan to becoming THE plan for users of stand-alone model driven apps.

"

Reference.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,095)