cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim86

on-premises data gateway - Dynamics Crm entity?

Regarding on-premises data gateway:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/gateway-reference

Is it possible to connect this to an entity, for e.g. Accounts, in Microsoft dynamics Online (customer engagement)?

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Is your CRM online or on-premises?  CDS is only in the online environment so even using an on-premises gateway you won;t be able to connect to an account entity in CRM on-premises.  You can connect to the CRM database using the on-premises gateway to access CRM data, but you'll be connecting to SQL, not the Account Entity.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

it´s regarding crm online.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Then I'm not clear on what you are asking.  If its CRM online then where does an on-premises gateway come in? On-premises gateways are only used to connect Power Apps to on-premises data sources.  Could you clarify your question?

OK sure I will try to explain better.

My client is using Mcrosoft Dynamics CE online. They have a few entities (for e.g. Accounts) which contain sensitive information. Because of this, my client wants to keep this information in a local SQL server in the same city their business is located.

So i´m looking for a way so they can continue using their Dynamics CE online instance, but in some way store the sensitive information locally.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

It would be very possible to sync the sensitive information locally, but there is no way to make CRM online use that local copy.  A copy of the data would need to stay in the CRM online CDS instance for CRM to work.  I don't think that is what your client is trying to achieve.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (46,907)