cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malini_Saranya
Helper I
Helper I

onvisible combo box selected value is Blank even though it already has some value

Combobox default selected items is filled with some value , but if we try to retrieve the value it's shows empty. Unless untill we select the value the combo box value shows as blank

6 REPLIES 6
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @Malini_Saranya may i suggest you use the DefaultSelectItems instead on default property and set the property to the condition you wish. 

Hi @rubin_boer . The default property I meant was DefaultSelectItems only.

Thanks

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

Cool, @Malini_Saranya 

Have a look at this example. Two dropdowns same datasource. The first one an empty defaultselecteditems and the next one just some function to give me one value. i could ask go for more than one value as allow multiple is selected.

rubin_boer_0-1627586715273.png

what is your formula looking like?

Hope this helps

Issue is not while setting the value . I can see the value onvisible of page since the combo box has DefaultSelectedItems.

I am trying to compare the value of two combobox to see both has same value . So on select of the second combo box value there is a check condition cmb1.selected.value = cmb2.selected.value , even though combo box has value it is showing cmb1.selected.value is blank

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

ok @Malini_Saranya try cmb1.selected.YourColumn = cmb2.selected.YourColumn in my case it would be on the column myID

rubin_boer_0-1627587803077.png

or

rubin_boer_1-1627587854610.png

Hope it helps

image001.jpg

Even though the cmb has Friday 17 , it still shows blank

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,061)