cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
floppy
Regular Visitor

pass gallery items to flow

Hi everyone. 

I have a pretty straightforward app as you can see from the photo attached. It's a simple request form.

Someone insert data on one side and sees that data in a gallery on the left. What if I want to pass all the data in the gallery to flow so the next user can work on the same data to add additional details? 

The best solution I can think of if JSON parsing but it doesn't work with Gallery.

Can anyone steer me in the least convoluted direction?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are the details that the second person adds, in the same app? or a second one.

To keep it a bit simpler, i would stay away from sending the data to Flow. Like you said, this is harder with multiple items and multiple columns.

If you have an ID column in the excel table, Why not pass the ID's to flow in the notification you send to the second person. 

Then that person can look up the item in a gallery in the app, and edit it.

It won't be the prettiest option, but an option nonetheless.

If there are a maximum amount of items User 1 can create, you could also convert each row into a string and pass in to flow, so you get 1 string per row. This won't work if there is an infinite amount of rows user1 can create.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PVosEska
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @floppy ,

It is not possible to send a collection/array/gallery to flow.

What if I want to pass all the data in the gallery to flow so the next user can work on the same data to add additional details? 

To my knowledge it is also not possible to edit data in Flow,

Where do you want the person to edit or add the data to your item??

Why not send the items to sharepoint (if you have access to it) with a Patch() and activate a flow after that. If you include a 'link to item' in the flow that the next person can click on, they will be taken to the item in sharepoint where they can make changes.

Let me know how i can help!

Regards,

I attach a very ugly diagram I just made in PP That my help you understand what I'm trying to do. The problem here is I'm dealing with multiple items. With just one I think I could be able to do it

Are the details that the second person adds, in the same app? or a second one.

To keep it a bit simpler, i would stay away from sending the data to Flow. Like you said, this is harder with multiple items and multiple columns.

If you have an ID column in the excel table, Why not pass the ID's to flow in the notification you send to the second person. 

Then that person can look up the item in a gallery in the app, and edit it.

It won't be the prettiest option, but an option nonetheless.

If there are a maximum amount of items User 1 can create, you could also convert each row into a string and pass in to flow, so you get 1 string per row. This won't work if there is an infinite amount of rows user1 can create.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,499)