cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elseb
Super User
Super User

patch blank() not working

I have a strange issue, I have two apps using the same SPlist and all works fine but I have now duplicated a functionality from one app to the other, and it's basically patch function which sets some fields to Blank(), in the first app the code works as intended, in the second one it doesn't. I think I've checked everything that comes to my head, I even tried different value and the code works so it's Blank() specifically that fails.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

You didn't mention what kind of field it is.  But I know some fields, like a Person/Group field, can't be set to blank unless the Formula-level error management feature is turned on in the Settings of the app.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

You didn't mention what kind of field it is.  But I know some fields, like a Person/Group field, can't be set to blank unless the Formula-level error management feature is turned on in the Settings of the app.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @elseb ,

Turn on Formula Level Error Management in Advanced Settings and it will fix the issue.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

elseb
Super User
Super User

Thank you gentlemen, I will try that tomorrow but i already think this is the issue, I believe i did turn that option on when i started with the first app.

Regards

Seb

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,317)