cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

patch label text value in float sql field

Hi,

I have a label that has this formula in Text: Text(Value(Label5+DataCardValue13),"[$-en-US]###,###,###")

As you can tell, it sums up two values & formats it using commas.

I use this patch function: Patch(table, defaults(table), {field: Value(label.text)})

The 'field' is updated to 0, always. I can't figure out why.

Any ideas? Please help. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Helper II
Helper II

i found out that the issue is that i was submitting form prior to patch. it seems submitting form resets the data card values so the values being input were 0...........

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Shouldn't it be something like this:  Text(Value(Label5.text+DataCardValue13.text),"[$-en-US]###,###,###")

Hopefully that is it 🙂

Thanks,

Drew

Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @fess 

Use something like Patch(table, defaults(table), {fieldname: Value(gallery,selected.label)})

good luck

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also close the item., please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@Ramolewhat do i do if i have more labels?

@Ramolei should also say the label is inside a datacard that is in a form in new mode..

Helper II
Helper II

i found out that the issue is that i was submitting form prior to patch. it seems submitting form resets the data card values so the values being input were 0...........

View solution in original post

Hi @fess 

Glad you sorted, but if you're using a form why not use Submit(Form)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also close the item., please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
Helper II
Helper II

@Ramole i'm using patch to create an audit trail of tables since powerapps doesn't work with tables that have triggers

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (97,211)