cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
octaking
Helper V
Helper V

patch the modified by

With the following formula, I managed to approve, but the person who approved it does not appear

How should I patch this?

Patch(Approvals; Item_Confirm;{Result: "Approve"; Status:'Status (Approvals)'.Inactive; 'Completed On':Now()});;

Captura de Pantalla 2019-08-18 a la(s) 01.15.54.png

It should appear as follows:

Captura de Pantalla 2019-08-18 a la(s) 01.18.00.png

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @octaking 

Can you show the screen from where you are approving and the list which holds the data once approved.

Thanks.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @octaking ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you sent the approval request using MS Flow?

Do you want to approve the request within a PowerApps app?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side. When you approve the approval request within PowerApps app using the following formula:

Patch(Approvals, ThisItem, {Result: "Approve", Status: 'Status (Approvals)'.Inactive, 'Completed On': Now()})

the Approver Reponse info detail would not be displayed within your Approval History.

In addition, if you approve the Approval request sent from a flow within an app using Patch function, the flow would not be finished, instead, it would still be running.

If you want to display the Approver Response Info within the Approval History when the approver make a response to this request within an app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,356)