cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

pdf refresh?

Hi 

Is it possible to refresh a pdf viewer in powerapps? Scenario is this, I have a pdf who is a couple of pages long, when a user logs out and someone else logs in, the pdf opens up on the page it was last left by the last user. (I hope that makes sense). Is there a way to refresh the pdf viewer so everytime someone goes to that screen, the page showing is the 1st page>

kind regards

chrom3d

13 REPLIES 13

when I add Reset(myPDFviewerControl) I get the error "the function expects a resetable control as input"

The button does work to set the page to 1 if it is selected AFTER the pdf is loaded. The problem is that the select happens before the pdf loads.

That's actually a really helpful note. You might then be able to use this kind of logic to get it to work, building on the logic from my previous comment:

Create a hidden timer with a duration of 100 (1/10 of a second).

For page OnVisible: UpdateContext({varPdfPage: Blank(), varPdfLoaded: false, varStartTimer: true})
For page OnHidden: UpdateContext({varStartTimer: false})

in the timer set the following properties
Start -> varStartTimer && !varPdfLoaded
OnTimerEnd->
If(
    [Insert some check to see if the PDF is loaded.. maybe a total page count >=1?],
    UpdateContext({varPdfPage: 1, varPdfLoaded: true})
);
UpdateContext({varStartTimer: false})
UpdateContext({varStartTimer: true}) //this turns the variable to false then true, which triggers the timer to reset

Basically the idea there is set up some recurring logic to check if the PDF is loaded and then set the page after that.

This was perfect. In my case, since I am navigating to documents with a gallery, I had to add a second timer which ran on select to check when to first document was cleared and then started the timer you recommended.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,337)