cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

peninput recognizedtext works only in which platforms?

I get the error message below when I run an app using PenInput.recognizedText in a browser or in IOS.

Recognition is not supported on this platform

Please confirm the platform that this works.

thanks,.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Raul,

I created a simple App which contained a Pen Input control and using Peninput.RecognizedText. When I ran this App on PowerApps Studio, it worked well. Then I ran the App on Web Browser and iOS, all were shown the message “Recognition is not supported on this platform”. Below is a screenshot of the message which was shown when I ran the App on Web Browser.

recognition failed.PNG

For this issue, I would suggest you to submit an idea at “PowerApps Ideas”. The link of “PowerApps Ideas” is:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

I have been using Pen-Input for signature (acknowledgement) for an App for about 3 weeks and the speed gains faster and faster between the App and CDM, but these are running on Win 10 Studio and Android 5 & 6 (from USD 100 Phone to USD 700 phone and I don;t see any different in the speed of both cheap and expensive phone, from Asus, Sony and Nexus).

Just sharing in case those use Android and Win 10.

Hope it helps.

hpkeong

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (36,581)