cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

people picker with Multiple Values is not saving the values back to SharePoint list

Hi,

I have a People picker on the power apps form that is based on the SharePoint list. The form allows me to select multiple people but when I save, the values are not saved back to the people field that allows Multiple values.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Re: people picker with Multiple Values is not saving the values back to SharePoint list

Thank you for solution. I realized that the list field was set to allow only single value. After I changed it to allow Mulitple values and refresh the data source, then, I was able to add multiple values and save it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: people picker with Multiple Values is not saving the values back to SharePoint list

Hi @cooltechie ,

Could you show more details with your issue? Are you using Canvas form or customize powerapps form in SP list?

I have made a test in canvas app, and the multiple values can be save back to People column.

you can go to check if you have checked the above option, also confirm if the Update property of DataCard was changed, it should be like: DataCardValue1.SelectedItems

Or you can put patch function to the OnChange property of Combo box to save back values.

Patch(SPList, ThisItem, {PeopleColumn: DataCardValue1.SelectedItems})

Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thank you for solution. I realized that the list field was set to allow only single value. After I changed it to allow Mulitple values and refresh the data source, then, I was able to add multiple values and save it

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,901)