cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teacher-Hartman
Helper II
Helper II

place a new row in a gallery on the top

I have created a editable gallery and the add a new row button works fine, however it adds the new row to the bottom of the gallery list. I would like to make it appear on the top of the list. Is there a way to do this? 

Thank you 

new row on bottom. Want to move it to the top.new row on bottom. Want to move it to the top.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Teacher-Hartman, So the data source was SharePoint. We used the SortByColumns function and the "Date of Experience" and "ID" columns to sort descendingly. We also created a Popup message box for user to enter the data of experience before we run the Patch function to create new record in the SharePoint List. 

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

Visit my Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @Teacher-Hartman, use the SortByColumns(datasource, CreatedOnColumnName, Descending) in the Gallery Items property. 

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

@AhmedSalih -

In the gallery items property I already have this to sort the entered experiences with the most recent on top.

item.jpg

Should I had what you suggested after it? Also, I am a little lost as to what I should substitute for createdonColumnNmae. Is that the button name? 

Thank you!

@Teacher-Hartman, what is the data type of the 'Data of Experience' column?

it is a date picker.

@Teacher-Hartman, can you join a Teams meeting so I can check this for you?

Teacher-Hartman
Helper II
Helper II

yes I can. When are you available? 

@Teacher-Hartman  Check your inbox. 

@Teacher-Hartman, So the data source was SharePoint. We used the SortByColumns function and the "Date of Experience" and "ID" columns to sort descendingly. We also created a Popup message box for user to enter the data of experience before we run the Patch function to create new record in the SharePoint List. 

Teacher-Hartman
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you so much for the help. It works like a charm!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,392)