Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

pop up message when delete an Item

Hello everyone, 

I would like to know how can I achieve my below requirement. 

When I click the Delete button, I would like to have an pop up message saying "Are you sure, you want to delete the record?" with "Yes, Delete" and "No".

Then If I click the "Yes, Delete" button Item will be deleted, If I click on "No" Item will not delete and stay in the same edit form. 

Thank you, 

Osmand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: pop up message when delete an Item

Hi @OsmandFernando
Welcome back!

Have a label and 2 buttons, set the visibility of all them based on a variable which is set to true when the user clicks on delete button. Then one of the buttons (Yes) will have your Patch or SubmitForm as the OnSelect and the other one (No), will simply set that the same variable to false so this alert message with 2 buttons will get hidden.

Let me know if this helps.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict
https://thepoweraddict.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @OsmandFernando
Welcome back!

Have a label and 2 buttons, set the visibility of all them based on a variable which is set to true when the user clicks on delete button. Then one of the buttons (Yes) will have your Patch or SubmitForm as the OnSelect and the other one (No), will simply set that the same variable to false so this alert message with 2 buttons will get hidden.

Let me know if this helps.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Thank you @PowerAddict for your usual support

Osmand. 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Anytime my friend! Glad I could help! Good luck with the rest of your app! Feel free to reach out in case of any questions!

Thanks,
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,064)