cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

populate a text box from a field in a record in a data table

In powerapps, how do you populate a text box with data from a field in a record in a data table or data from table itself? It seems like it should be easy but it doesn't appear to be. I just want to populate a text box from a datatable or table, but I can't seem to find a solution to this.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made my first successfull collection and now am using it in my screen. And the diff between a lookup and a collection is like and day!

Thanks to everybody who helped me along with this question.

Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi all, I have created this post that might be of interest in improving PowerApp speed:

http://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/13/powerapps-improving-app-performance/

mertiols

any ideas?

Perfect, thanks! 😀

Was searching for a very simple solution to display a info text (only when necessary, like "Please do not create new entries in week 10" or other notes) on the homescreen without editing the PowerApp. By adding a text label with text =

First(NameOfSharepointList).ColumnTitle

It takes the text from a sharepoint list value and displays it (or not if empty).

So any user of a specific team (with access to the sharepoint list, but not owner of the powerapp) can put a text into the field "ColumnTitle" or just delete the text in the field if no text needs to be shown in the powerapp.

It worked for me. Example : First([@'Vendor Request']).ID

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,778)