cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

populate a text box from a field in a record in a data table

In powerapps, how do you populate a text box with data from a field in a record in a data table or data from table itself? It seems like it should be easy but it doesn't appear to be. I just want to populate a text box from a datatable or table, but I can't seem to find a solution to this.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made my first successfull collection and now am using it in my screen. And the diff between a lookup and a collection is like and day!

Thanks to everybody who helped me along with this question.

Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi all, I have created this post that might be of interest in improving PowerApp speed:

http://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/13/powerapps-improving-app-performance/

mertiols

any ideas?

Perfect, thanks! 😀

Was searching for a very simple solution to display a info text (only when necessary, like "Please do not create new entries in week 10" or other notes) on the homescreen without editing the PowerApp. By adding a text label with text =

First(NameOfSharepointList).ColumnTitle

It takes the text from a sharepoint list value and displays it (or not if empty).

So any user of a specific team (with access to the sharepoint list, but not owner of the powerapp) can put a text into the field "ColumnTitle" or just delete the text in the field if no text needs to be shown in the powerapp.

It worked for me. Example : First([@'Vendor Request']).ID

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,821)