Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjeh
Resolver III
Resolver III

populate dropdown with sharepoint libraries

Hello all,

I'm trying to populate a dropdown menu with names of all libraries on a specific Sharepoint site.

I've tried making a flow but got stuck because a flow doesn't allow me to return an array variable to power apps, so all I managed to do is concatenate a long string with the library names as a sort of csv. But with this I haven't figured out a way yet to split the csv string back into seperate items and have them listed in the dropdown menu as items.

If anyone has any suggestions or solutions that would be great

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @gjeh ,

The Split() function will return a table able to be used in a drop-down.

Split(YourTextString,",")

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @gjeh ,

The Split() function will return a table able to be used in a drop-down.

Split(YourTextString,",")

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@gjeh,

Based on the issue you mentioned, you want to populate dropdown with names of all libraries.

There is no way to achieve this in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be improved within PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

However, you can return a table to your App using a flow.

Here is an article you can refer to:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/return-an-array-from-flow-to-powerapps-response-method/

Best Regards,

Qi Qiao

@v-qiaqi-msftHi, I'm sorry to inform you that you are incorrect and @WarrenBelz is very correct.

On page load I: Set(var1;GetListsFlow.Run())  and  enter  Split(var1.list;",")    as items property of the dropdown menu.

Now it is working as I planned.

Thanks @WarrenBelz 

Hello @gjeh 

Could you please share with me the flow you created? I'm having the same issue but I'm not sure how to create it in Power Automate.

Thank you.

do you still need it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,636)