cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BartTechne
Helper I
Helper I

possible to let powerapps wait for async response from flow?

Hi,

I have a flow that takes longer than 5minutes that needs to respond to a powerapp.

I tried with asynchronous but i dont get my response back and the app just keeps running...

If it turn it off i get a timeout after 3 mins.

Anyone have a solution for this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What is the concurrency setting for your Apply to each? It should be quicker to respond if Power Automate is doing multiple calls at the same time instead of one at a time:

image.png

image.png

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

I would first look at reducing the time for the flow - what's it doing that's taking five minutes, definitely could be better optimised

If not, then your only other option is to navigate to a 'waiting screen' where a timer is running, that timer refreshes a datasource and gets the most recent row filtered by whatever unique identifier is applicable, then when it find a row within recent 10mins, you take that row contents as your input.

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

BartTechne
Helper I
Helper I

Sorry to ask but do you have some sample example ?

Nothing that I can share publicly, I was presenting an idea for an alternative, but I really do think you should look at why your flow is taking so long

Which part is taking long? Can it be filtered? Can we use Select instead of apply to each? are there any redundant calls?

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

SO the flow is triggered from within powerapps:

BartTechne_0-1669996189764.png

It makes an HTTP request. I compose the body.

I need to make a more detailed call towards the API from this vendor. for each of the ITEMS

BartTechne_2-1669996452198.png

I Parse that Json to get the info.

for every entry i also need to make a call towards the BING API to get the coordinates.

After that i Need to look again into a field of an array that is in the JSON and then i create a variable to append towards the array that is then fully passed towards the APP

BartTechne_3-1669996539952.png

What is the concurrency setting for your Apply to each? It should be quicker to respond if Power Automate is doing multiple calls at the same time instead of one at a time:

image.png

image.png

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,670)