cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tyler387_larson
Helper I
Helper I

power app with 2 data sources

hi good afternoon, i have been working on my time clock app.  i have 2 data sources connected to it.  one show clock in or out time and employee number, the other has all employee details including division number.  i am trying to put the 2 together so when an employee clocks in it will record it but see the employee id and match it so it shows division number.  Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

To do what you're describing, you will use the LookUp() function. Without knowing the names of your data sources, etc., and example that returns the division number would look something like:

LookUp(EmployeeList, 
    EmployeeNumber = Label1.Text,
    DivisionNumber
)

Instead of Label1.Text, you can use some other control/value that has the employee number you're referencing.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Ramole
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @tyler387_larson 

Please check this post out as it talk timeclock which works and i am using myself in production for over 7 month with no problems at all Adding Hours in Time Clock App 

you can also watch the video how to make by @RandyHayes which he explaining in to details and he is my best PowerApps guru.

Thank you
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others and consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,346)