Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anna2109
Helper I
Helper I

power apps meeting

Hello,

I have set up a power apps that user is able to book their interest to join some training sessions.

When the user book their interest they are notified via email and a calendar event is being set up to their calendar.

on select of the submit button the following is being set  up:

Patch(CPDBookingForm,
{Title:ddTopic_1.Selected.EventName,
Room:ddRoom_1.Selected.Room,
NoOfPlaces:ddNoOfPlaces_1.Selected.NoOfPlaces,
Lunch:ddLunch_1.Selected.Lunch,
Provider:ddProvider_1.Selected.Provider,
StartDate:ddStartDate_1.Selected.StartDate,
EndDate:ddEndDate_1.Selected.EndDate,
JobTitle:JobTitle.Text,
Submittedby:Submittedby.Text,
SubmittedbyEmail:Submittedby_email.Text
});Office365.V2CalendarPostItem(ddcalendar.Selected.DisplayName,ddTopic_1.Selected.EventName,
ddStartDate_1.Selected.StartDate,
ddEndDate_1.Selected.EndDate, {Body:bodyemail.HtmlText,Location:ddLocation_1.Selected.Location});UpdateContext({showdialog:true});Reset(ddTopic_1)

Everything works fine, what is not working is the body of the meeting is not being displayed correctly. would you be able to help with this and give me a solution how the body text could be displayed correctly? There is also a link in the body that should work.

meeting calendar.png

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@anna2109 

Consider using V4CalendarPostItem instead.  V2 is deprecated and in V2 you must specifically tell the action that the body is HTML.  Otherwise it will assume text.  V4 does not need this option.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes
anna2109
Helper I
Helper I

Hello @RandyHayes ,

thank for your reply.

I tried the following Office365.V4CalendarPostItem(ddcalendar.Selected.DisplayName,ddTopic_1.Selected.EventName,
ddEndDate_1.Selected.EndDate,"(UTC+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London",{Body:bodyemail.HtmlText,Location:ddLocation_1.SelectedText})

But when I hit the button nothing appeared in my calendar whereas with the V2 the meeting was set up, but I had this problem with the body of the meeting.

I came up with the following error in the Power Apps:

{"sessionId":"c32b728f-15e0-46d8-9c8e-1c93f5c16191","blobUri":"https://docserverpaaprodneu.blob.core.windows.net/3fcd56c5-e199-40aa-83b9-4ee44d0d92fb-1/copyResult/..."}

Just to clarify that the body contains a link and this is what has been written in the body:

"<p>Hello "&UserFullName&",</p>
<p>
This is a Microsoft Teams meeting.
<p>
Join on your computer or mobile app
<p>
<a href='"&
MSTeams_link.Selected.MSTeams_link
&"'
<p>Click here to join the meeting</a></p>
<p>
To contact us, please email to xxxxxx@xxx.xxx.xx
<p>
Kind Regards,
<p>
<b>xxxxxx</p>"

What I am actually trying to succeed, is to send a MS Teams link that people that will book their interest to a specific training session to receive this specific link to join the meeting. Does this make sense, is there any way of sorting out the problem I have with the error above or would you be able to provide me a better solution to achieve what I am trying to implement?

Many Thanks

Hello @RandyHayes ,

thank for your reply.

I tried the following Office365.V4CalendarPostItem(ddcalendar.Selected.DisplayName,ddTopic_1.Selected.EventName,
ddEndDate_1.Selected.EndDate,"(UTC+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London",{Body:bodyemail.HtmlText,Location:ddLocation_1.SelectedText})

But when I hit the button nothing appeared in my calendar whereas with the V2 the meeting was set up, but I had this problem with the body of the meeting.

I came up with the following error in the Power Apps:

{"sessionId":"c32b728f-15e0-46d8-9c8e-1c93f5c16191","blobUri":"https://docserverpaaprodneu.blob.core.windows.net/3fcd56c5-e199-40aa-83b9-4ee44d0d92fb-1/copyResult/..."}

Just to clarify that the body contains a link and this is what has been written in the body:

"<p>Hello "&UserFullName&",</p>
<p>
This is a Microsoft Teams meeting.
<p>
Join on your computer or mobile app
<p>
<a href='"&
MSTeams_link.Selected.MSTeams_link
&"'
<p>Click here to join the meeting</a></p>
<p>
To contact us, please email to xxxxxx@xxx.xxx.xx
<p>
Kind Regards,
<p>
<b>xxxxxx</p>"

What I am actually trying to succeed, is to send a MS Teams link that people that will book their interest to a specific training session to receive this specific link to join the meeting. Does this make sense, is there any way of sorting out the problem I have with the error above or would you be able to provide me a better solution to achieve what I am trying to implement?

Many Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,414)