cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veblitz
Helper III
Helper III

powerApps design App

I would request App design help for the below scenario using office365 sharepoint site and powerapp design page

User Form submission

User Info:

Username: (Text field)               Requested Date:  (date field)

Details: (Radio button field) 1.Employee Type   2.Documents //on click of Employee type radio button employee Info section should display below in the same page

Employee Info:

Employee Name

Address:

City

Submit  Cancel

on submit the above details should be updated in sharepoint list.

Kindly help to design using powerapp

7 REPLIES 7
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Veblitz 

You can start building the app by selecting SharePoint as a datasource. You can follow the steps as mentioned here: https://jobs.collab365.community/powerapps-tutorial-how-to-build-your-first-powerapp/

This will create an app with three screens, to view all records, view specific record, edit record or create new record.

For setting up the visibility of fields inside form, you can select individual datacard and update the "Visible" property.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

You can follow this video

https://youtu.be/1uYHEhKs0S0

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Thanks for the details.

I created canvas blank App ->Tablet.Added SharePoint list data source respectively and added data card for the designing the fields.But i am unable to add the on-click of radio button,I need to display another section .i would appreciate if some help for the below scenario.

User Type(radio button field):choice1 choice2

on click of choice 1 i need to display below section

Employee info:

Employee Name

Address

Thanks in advance.

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Veblitz 

To configure that you can add those fields inside the EditForm and set the Visible property as per below mentioned example:

Radio Button Control -> Let's assume its name is DataCardValue22

Now, the datacard for EmployeeName -> Set the Visible property of the control to: If(DataCardValue22.Selected.Value = "Employee",true,false).

You need to repeat the same steps for other field datacards.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thank you.

I am trying to customize like infopath forms by displaying in sections and inserting tables but im not sure how to design the look and feel in such layouts for the above scenario. eg on click of radio button,it should display another section in the table layout.

Appreciate kind inputs for the same.

eka24
Super User III
Super User III

It seems you want to Use Tabs in Powerapps, moving from one section to the other;

https://youtu.be/aA3gqmo1xzw

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Veblitz 

If you are working with the edit forms, then you can add the fields in the specified way. The visible property of the datacards will toggle the visibility and you can display extra fields in the form when a radio button input is selected. If you can share a screenshot of the existing application along with what details you want to configure, we might be able to help you better.

Otherwise, if you want to create separate controls, you can add individual controls on the screen and use Patch to update the records in datasource.

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,706)