cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

powerapp screen getting partially black

Hello,

I have created a basic powerapp from a sharepoint list,did few formating changes. Now while running i'm facing an issue on android phones, the screen gets partially black, if i try to create a new entry.

The issue is related to keyboard, when some text is typed and afterwards i select a toggle button the screen turns into partially black from the bottom and trimmed from the top, so i cannot see the save and other buttons, and after this i have to close it.

27 REPLIES 27
nickduxfield
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi, there, I've found that the Issue persitis.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Display-Problem-on-Android-Phone-Entire-screen-m...

As I mentioned, I had to roll back trying to not trigger any issues. But, today I noticed it was back on a different version of the app. This is a bit of a problem for me, because the app is live, and I cant possibly know what triggers the issue so I can avoid it until its fixed. This time, when I clicked a save button, the screen focuses on the save button, leaving the rest of the screen blblack.

Session ID: 49d78c5a-939c-d333-410d-f5024455b7f7
PowerApps 2.0.681

Hi,

I'm getting this on my desktop.

Mobile displays fine.

Thanks

Regards,

Chris

RyanStewart
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

3 years later and I am noticing this problem still.  Was it ever fixed? I tried saving and republishing, but it didn't work.

Thanks

Hi there,

Do you notice if it's only occurs on desktop specific screen resolutions?

I just tested using a 1366 x 768 resolution and this black section appears and seems to be growing as scroll down (like a parallax effect). After that, I tested using a 1920 x 1080 resolution and, as screen don't need scroll-bar and there is no way to scroll down, black cover doesn't appear.

1366 x 768 resolution:

Anotación 2020-06-03 172401.png

1920 x 1080 resolution:

Anotación 2020-06-03 172717.png

It would be great if you have any resolution.

NOTE: My app is embbeded in a SharePoint Page. Outside SharePoint (I mean, viewing directly in browser) it looks fine.

Thanks.

The problem I experienced 3 years ago was resolved after I republish the app. Clearly there was an update on the back end, but I had no visibility into what changed.

Go Big or Stay Home
Rando
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is still ocurring with my app. I asked the person to change de resolution to 1920x1080 but the problem hasn't changed.

Hi there,

I opened another thread with this topic and someone else has reported same behavior. Issue is still present and it seems to be a bug introduced by a new Chromium build (so, it only occurs on Chromium-based browsers. On Firefox it's not happening). However, there are no fixes from Microsoft yet.

You can follow advances and any updates on: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Embedded-Power-Apps-app-in-SharePoint-Page-d...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,414)