cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

powerapp screen getting partially black

Hello,

I have created a basic powerapp from a sharepoint list,did few formating changes. Now while running i'm facing an issue on android phones, the screen gets partially black, if i try to create a new entry.

The issue is related to keyboard, when some text is typed and afterwards i select a toggle button the screen turns into partially black from the bottom and trimmed from the top, so i cannot see the save and other buttons, and after this i have to close it.

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident
Highlighted

Hi, there, I've found that the Issue persitis.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Display-Problem-on-Android-Phone-Entire-screen-m...

As I mentioned, I had to roll back trying to not trigger any issues. But, today I noticed it was back on a different version of the app. This is a bit of a problem for me, because the app is live, and I cant possibly know what triggers the issue so I can avoid it until its fixed. This time, when I clicked a save button, the screen focuses on the save button, leaving the rest of the screen blblack.

Session ID: 49d78c5a-939c-d333-410d-f5024455b7f7
PowerApps 2.0.681

Highlighted

Hi,

I'm getting this on my desktop.

Mobile displays fine.

Thanks

Regards,

Chris

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

3 years later and I am noticing this problem still.  Was it ever fixed? I tried saving and republishing, but it didn't work.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi there,

Do you notice if it's only occurs on desktop specific screen resolutions?

I just tested using a 1366 x 768 resolution and this black section appears and seems to be growing as scroll down (like a parallax effect). After that, I tested using a 1920 x 1080 resolution and, as screen don't need scroll-bar and there is no way to scroll down, black cover doesn't appear.

1366 x 768 resolution:

Anotación 2020-06-03 172401.png

1920 x 1080 resolution:

Anotación 2020-06-03 172717.png

It would be great if you have any resolution.

NOTE: My app is embbeded in a SharePoint Page. Outside SharePoint (I mean, viewing directly in browser) it looks fine.

Thanks.

Highlighted

The problem I experienced 3 years ago was resolved after I republish the app. Clearly there was an update on the back end, but I had no visibility into what changed.

Go Big or Stay Home
Rando
Highlighted

The problem is still ocurring with my app. I asked the person to change de resolution to 1920x1080 but the problem hasn't changed.

Highlighted

Hi there,

I opened another thread with this topic and someone else has reported same behavior. Issue is still present and it seems to be a bug introduced by a new Chromium build (so, it only occurs on Chromium-based browsers. On Firefox it's not happening). However, there are no fixes from Microsoft yet.

You can follow advances and any updates on: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Embedded-Power-Apps-app-in-SharePoint-Page-d...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,945)