cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waheed
Level: Powered On

powerapp screen getting partially black

Hello,

I have created a basic powerapp from a sharepoint list,did few formating changes. Now while running i'm facing an issue on android phones, the screen gets partially black, if i try to create a new entry.

The issue is related to keyboard, when some text is typed and afterwards i select a toggle button the screen turns into partially black from the bottom and trimmed from the top, so i cannot see the save and other buttons, and after this i have to close it.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff sarafankit
Power Apps Staff

Re: powerapp screen getting partially black

Just wanted to inform everyone that we have deployed the fix for this issue. The issue was fixed via a service deployment, so you won't see or need to install a newer version of players. Just save and publish your app again, and the issue should be resolved.

Please let us know if you still face issues.

Thanks for your patience and support.

View solution in original post

Power Apps Staff

@Toasteroven- Did you "save and publish" the app again? That is required for the issue to be fixed, we have heard that the issue has been fixed from all other channels till now.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
waheed

Hi,

It looks like this, i think screen is not refreshing properly after keyboard is displayed. if i open keyboard again by going to a textbox, the black portion at the bottom will disappear but will reappear again as well, once some toggle control is clicked.

feedbacks2.png

Power Apps Staff

Hi @waheed - Yes we aware of this black screen issue and are actively investigating it. To help us debug better, can you please provide us the session id from your Android player? Once you are on the PowerApps apps list, click on the hanburger/three horizontal lines on the top left of the screen and then you should find Session details under Diagnostics in the menu.

waheed

Hello @sarafankit,

Thanks for replying,

This is the session ID: 19ca12ea-bbfa-16fb-34bc-40047fa115b6

waheed

Hi @sarafankit,

Is there a workaround to avoid this issue?

Thanks.

Waheed

Power Apps Staff miglisic
Power Apps Staff

We are not aware of a workaround at this time, but are working to get a fix rolled out ASAP. Will keep you posted.

JesusOrtega

Hi,

I have already created a fairly complex app and, testing it on Android, found the same bug (session id: 97f04652-149f-4a76-1bc9-264925082f6e).

I confirm that the problem comes when I hide the keyboard: the screen remains higher, almost the bottom half of the screen remains black and the controls at the top cannot be reached.

I suppose a workaround would be to place all screens controls in the top half of the screen. Notice I said all, not only those that use the keyboard. This can really be a pain, since I have some forms with several fields.

I have to deliver this app in two weeks. Please, do not drop down this issue!

Power Apps Staff

Yes, we are actively working on releasing a fix asap.

Marando

This issue has made a functioning application unusable! I get the same behavior when I rollback the version to last week. Session ID: a022991d-b8c5-3b9e-2348-589f70085197 

Smiley Mad 

Go Big or Stay Home
Rando
Toasteroven

Same issue with me. I am presenting it on monday so i really hope you guys have a fix out by then.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,601)