cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

powerapps - Filter

Hi,

• I am unable to Filter the columns , Filter formula is not working for my form I have 3 Fields Baside on 1 field the next fields should display , Suppose I have 1 Droupdown(ZONE=AOA) if selected this fields the next fields(MARKET) I should get which values are belongs to AOA MARKETS should come,
  • I am using this formula :-  Distinct(filter(Table_name ,columnName=Droupdown.slectedText.value),ColumnName) .
  • my Data is coming from DataBase .

Can any one help on this issue 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Helper II
Helper II

Hi ,

• I am unable to Filter the columns , Filter formula is not working for my form I have 3 Fields Baside on 1 field the next fields should display
  • Suppose I have 1 Dropdown(ZONE=AOA) if selected this fields the next fields(MARKET) I should get which values are belongs to AOA MARKETS should come,
  • I am using this formula :-  Distinct(filter(Table_name ,columnName=Droupdown.slectedText.value),ColumnName) .
  • my Data is coming from Database .
  • cascading drop-down .

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

On your dropdown, use can this on the items property:
Distinct(TableName,ColumnName)
Also for the filter use:
Filter(TableName,Dropdown1.Selected.Value)

Please change the TableName, ColumnName and dropdown name to your actual names.

You can give a screenshot that will help solve it.

If you like this post, give a thumbs up. Where it solved your issue, Mark as a solution
Helper II
Helper II

Hi ,

• I am unable to Filter the columns , Filter formula is not working for my form I have 3 Fields Baside on 1 field the next fields should display
  • Suppose I have 1 Dropdown(ZONE=AOA) if selected this fields the next fields(MARKET) I should get which values are belongs to AOA MARKETS should come,
  • my Data is coming from Database .
  • cascading drop-down .

View solution in original post

The screenshot is fine. Please use this formula:
Filter(MapCap,country=DataCardValue12.Selected.Value)
Let me ask, are they multiple same names I'm the table, that's why you are using Distinct?
If it doesn't work, take a screenshot of the first dropdown items.

Hi ,

• I Want Cascading drop-down

I have attached an file where I am getting error

1.  I am selecting (zone) as AOA , AOA markets should display in my cascading drop-down

Hi ,

I have tried you are formula , it's not working ,

For my first dropdown I am using Distinct , Distinct is working fine for first Dropdown ,

For second dropdown I want filter, distinct,

you can see the screenshot which I have attached now  , I have used your formula.

Are you using Two different tables for the dropdowns or the same table for each dropdown. If they are Different, do you have country in both tables

I asked for the Screenshot of the first because i want to see the Table for the one working.

The error shows country may not be in the filter for first dropdown

Hi,

I am using Two different tables for the dropdowns, yes there are different as in one table the column name is Market(This table is Where I need to submit the form) and In the other table name is Country ( this table is where I am getting the data), only the column name and table names are different but data is same ,

I have attached the screenshot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,833)