cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

powerapps collection from sharepoint list vs Azure SQL table

hi guys, I am new to powerapps, currently building a simple app to explore features/functionalities within powerapps that could help our organisation for data collection.

this test app connects to sharepoint lists and Azure SQL tables, then I create collections for each SP list and sql table, display records/values from these collections in controls (gallery, labels, etc.) in online editor, so far so good. the problem comes up when I publish the app:

it is all good to display data from collections built from SP lists

cannot display anything from collections built from Azure sql tables (I tried a Gallery control giving me a blank list, tried a label to show a single value giving me nothing). I use Countrows to get the number of rows in these collections and it returns the correct number, but just not showing any actural content.

I trie to bind Azure sql tables directly (not through collections) to controls, the problem is gone and the data is shown.

much appreciated if anyone can help on this issue.

thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: powerapps collection from sharepoint list vs Azure SQL table

Hi @lhua31,

The user @jonas_zeeu has faced similar issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Second-dropdown-list-do-not-show-value-in-app...

Please take a try to turned off/disable the "Explicit column selection" option and "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within the Advanced settings of App settings, then check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please take a try to turn off the "Delayed load" option within Advanced settings of App settings, then check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Have you checked permissions? I haven't had an opportunity to play with Azure SQL, but I know that in order to allow users to view and edit my SharePoint datasources, I need to add their accounts to the actual SharePoint list/site. I'm sure Azure SQL has its own permissions management.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi as I said, when I collect the sql table into collection then bind the collectin to control, I cannot see any data, when I bind the sql table directly to the controk, the data is shown. 

when the app is published, I am using my own account to run the app so I don't think it is a permission issue.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lhua31,

The user @jonas_zeeu has faced similar issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Second-dropdown-list-do-not-show-value-in-app...

Please take a try to turned off/disable the "Explicit column selection" option and "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within the Advanced settings of App settings, then check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please take a try to turn off the "Delayed load" option within Advanced settings of App settings, then check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Kris

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@v-xida-msft

I turned off/disable the "Explicit column selection" option and "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option and the data is shown in my gallery by Azure SQL -> Local Collection -> Items. GREAT! THANKS!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lhua31,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!.

Best regards,

Kris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,321)