Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roncam
Helper II
Helper II

powerapps images not loading on mobile

hi,

till this morning the images were loading but tonight images are being shown on the powerapps studio and not on the mobile. Can you help me please ? I have the images in sharepoint gallery list. 

18 REPLIES 18

You'd better choose the Picture Column's type should be hyperlink, not picture, because app's image support url only.

I have tested if you choose picture style of hyperlink or picutre it will not shows in apps.

If the hyperlink comes from your Library, and you can also generate it to app, in the app's detail screen and change the card's type to image(you need to delete its cardvalue and then insert image )

And then image.f(x)=Parent.Default

change card's value to image and then image.f(x)=Parent.Default.png

What do youean by. picture style of hyperlink or picutre ??

The Column's Type in SP List.

You'd better to choose hyperlink.

hyperlinkor picture.png

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @roncam,

Where do you retrieve these image files within your app? From your SP library?

Do you mean that the images from your SP library could be displayed well within your mobile app previously?

The user @Gidrone_NS has faced same issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Images-from-SharePoint-library-don-t-show-on-...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Share-point-pictures-can-not-be-seen-on-IOS-D...

Currently, Pictures that need authentication on SharePoint are not supported yet to display within PowerApps Mobile App.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

If the Image files within your app are from your SP library, as an alternative solution, I agree with @xyzzyx666's thought almost.

You could consider create a SP list on your side, and add a Hyperlink column (Format url as Hyperlink) within it. Then copy URL link of the image files in your SP library, create corresponding record within your SP list and put the copied URL link within the Hyperlink column. After that, use the SP list as image data source within your app.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @roncam are you still experiencing this issue? If so, please review the information provided by @xyzzyx666 and @v-xida-msft and advise if that solves your problem. 

@Anonymous

If you display images in a gallery, you only have to change in Image:

To: ThisItem.Value

almeidapedro
Regular Visitor

Hello.

The hyperlink that I use to store images has more than 255 caracters. This means that I can't use the provided solution.

Does anybody have thoughts on work this around? 

In my smartphone I can't see imagens because Power apps does not support binary images and hyperlinks must be <= 255 char 😞

Thank you all.

This worked for showing list attachment photos in a gallery but is not an option when using the O365 User connector to pull profile pictures.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,102)