Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

powerapps privileges

Hi

There are lot of subject in this commununity talking about powerapps privileges but no one matches with my problem: I want to filter record depending of powerapps privileges. If the user is administrator, all records are displayed, otherwise only records created by or with the name in the records will be displayed.

My app is a timesheet of my employees, with their name, date and type of activity, with one field "editedby" and  one "DateModified".

I have a timer screen displaying during 2 seconds the name of the application, and the name of the user.

I set onStart 

Set(CurrentUser;User())

But how to recover powerapps privileges ? Do I need to build my own privileges table ?

Thanks for help 

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello JimNoredlac,

I would recommend to enforce security from the data source you use for your application (SQL, SharePoint, MySQL, to list the few ).

In some cases, the "table of privileges" is already provided. For example, you could rely on the Office365Users in order to drive the flow of your timesheet application (for example by detecting the authenticated used and by providing the proper timesheet).

If that does not work for you then I don't see anything wrong with creating your own table of privileges as you suggested in your post.

Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

Good morning,

In this thread https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Is-it-possible-to-switch-the-view-as-InfoPath... I give an example of how you can use AD security groups to check for permission/privileges. 

Check it out and see if it helps you.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Its not a problem of security because all my employees acceding to the app log with username and password. It's amazing that we could not get if the user is simple user or administrator with office365 security. My database is an excel one. I failed to make my app from a sharepoint list because there are too much limitation in delegation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,585)