Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mattpadge24
Regular Visitor

powerapps sql lookup email

Hi, 

im currently building an application that allows the users to apply for jobs, when they click submit I have it set so it sends an email with the function that I have included as an image.

however, is it possible to have powerapps search the sql database im using as the data source for email addresses linked to that particuar job and send the email to THAT selected address rather than the preset one in the function.

thanks,

matt

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: powerapps sql lookup email

@mattpadge24 

I'm sure this is possible but  I don't understand which email you want to send and where its located in your database.  Could you please explain a little bit more about the underlying data?

mattpadge24
Regular Visitor

hi, sorry for the confusion,

basically at the moment ive put my email address in the function so when the user clicks apply on the job it sends am email with the job title their name etc.

each job in the database has a different email for the manager of that copany so when the user clicks apply the app searches for the job in the database sees the email address corresponding to that job and sends the email to them.

I hope this helps. again sorry for the vagueness 

Super User
Super User

@mattpadge24 

I assume there is a form displaying the current job on your screen.  Could you replace your own email...

yourname@yourcompany.com

...with a reference to the job email showing on the form?

DataCardValue_Email.Text

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,857)